- October 8, 2019 at 2:12 pm #15290cpquinn98Participant
I am looking to live In Dallas after I graduate. What are some of the top REPE firms In the area?
So far I have gathered:
Lonestar FundsDecember 5, 2019 at 3:01 am #15484LevKeymaster
If we’re strictly keeping to the top 100 REPE funds per the PERE 100, you see two Dallas REPE funds (note this only considers headquarters):
7. Lone Star Funds
27. Crow Holdings Capital Partners
Starwood Capital isn’t headquartered in Dallas, so that must be a satellite office you are picking up. In terms of other firms, you’ll have to perform a bit of research. Please share your findings here so we can help other users. In the spirit of helping, though, here is a list I managed to generate manually (in no meaningful order):
- HC2 Capital ($1B closed to date — note, this is not necessarily AUM and it also might not be equity, it could be GAV)
- Realty Capital Partners (Owns $2.2B GAV)
- RSF Partners ($1B invested to date — same footnote as HC2 Capital)
- 2gr Equity ($435M total cap of all their funds)
So let’s be naive here and assume these funds range from $435M – $2.2B in size. To put that (admittedly rough) metric into perspective, Lone Star funds manages $85 billion. That’s 85 HC2’s & RSF’s, 38 RCP’s, and 195 2gr’s. So if you want to go big, you really only have one, and maybe two, options.
But the experience you would get at a smaller fund is not necessarily worse. You will just have to hustle and network to uncover all of the funds that exist in the market by speaking with industry locals.
- The forum ‘Career Guidance’ is closed to new topics and replies.